Friday, June 24, 2011

My new found love... or maybe not.

Thursdays is tennis day. Most people who know me are quite aware that I play tennis on Thursdays and possibly drink a few beers after the match - even before on some occasions. Well, yesterday was our last match of the season. My tennis partner and I were not scheduled to play this match because we have played too many.

We decided to go out and watch our team. Watching other people play tennis is not exactly the most fun thing in the world. Watching other people play tennis while boozing is quite a bit more fun.

Considering it was only 11am, I figured that just plain beer drinking would be wrong. So, I bought some "bloody beers" - think Bloody Mary with Beer instead of vodka. It seemed more appropriate for morning time drinking. The problem is, they only sell these amazing drinks in a 22 ounce can version (the kind that usually have brown paper bags around them and some sign about working for food near it).



I got to the Country Club (have to include that it was a Country Club where we were playing because it makes my Chelada boozing even more trashy) where our tennis match was being held and carried in my cooler of Bloody Beers. I happened upon my tennis partner who happens to think a lot like me when it comes to the importance of beers with tennis. She brought discreet coffee mugs for us to put our morning concoctions in.

By the end of the tennis match, we were cheering for both teams, griping about our husbands and giggling that we each had our own Big Gulp of booze before 1pm.

I can't recommend this beer enough! It's the perfect morning drink, it looks and tastes like tomato juice and I actually felt a little healthy drinking it.

Update: Got on the scale this morning after 44 ounces of 'healthy beer' and gained 3 pounds. May not be as healthy as I thought so the next time I'll have to actually play tennis while drinking this to offset potential weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment